Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Elderly?

This reading assignment on the elderly driving is a controversy that I am particularly close to. I have many great aunts and uncles along with grandparents who drive. These are the people who are taking care of their parents and loved ones and even though they are having problems, they are too proud to admit it and that makes them dangerous drivers. I think the video showed a great representation of how the elderly think and feel about themselves, and how they define themselves as drivers. It also points out that the American population has become an elderly population in general and we will be seeing more elderly drivers on the road than ever before. I don't have a problem with older drivers as long as they are able to handle the vehicle correctly. So I guess that I am for the older generations having to do regular driving tests to prove that they are still able to control a car. All in all a very interesting video clip that brings forth problems that we as a country will be facing in the future.

1 comment:

  1. The short film I watched covered a man named Daniel McGowan and a couple decisions that changed his life. After growing up and moving out west, he became attached to the trees and was horrified to see the deforestation. Through the ELF "earth liberation front," he set fire and burnt down a couple buildings of a logging company in an attempt to save the forest. Daniel is now labeled as a terrorist. He disagrees with the connotation that accompanies the word terrorist, mainly because the ELF has committed 1,200 acts including arson, but not one person has been injured. The moral behind this story is that one mans hero, is another man's terrorists.

    ReplyDelete