I was greatly impressed by her strength and pride in what she does. Even though many, especially men in the air force doubted her, her determination to prove them wrong was her drive to perform her duty very well. I admired the fact that she did not let what others thought of her keep her from doing what she loved. I learned and understood that it’s very difficult for women to try to achieve the same position as men. It’s never easy, no matter what we do or where we’re at, we’re being judged. Her photographs has a story to tell and has an important value, that is why I consider it art.
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Strength
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
As an Air Force member, this video strikes a bit deeper than just an interview seeing as it is widely spread story throughout the Air Force. I never had the pleasure of meeting her, but if I did, she would definitely receive my utmost respect through rendering a deserving salute. It impressed me that she was able to speak about her duties so openly. Most wounded veterans, who can actually remember, don't like to revisit their past memories of war. Something that I believe that is so precious to learn about her situation is that women posses an unbelievable amount of strength and passion in everything that they do. When I was a military training instructor, my females would hide their pain and push themselves and others to the point of complete failure and/or injury. It was so hard to gauge their capabilities because they would always ask for more even though I would give them something impossible to accomplish. There truly was no greater competitor. I consider her photographs artwork because they truly say a thousand words. Each one has it's own individual story and expresses her struggle in order to capture that moment. Many amazing military members are forced out due to the injuries inflicted upon them through the rigors of war. And although SSgt Stacy Pearsall, is no longer able to serve she will always be remembered soaring above the rest.
ReplyDeleteTJ Read